santa cruz wharf

14 December 2008

Quintana Roo - dia dos

Needing to keep in touch with those at home...I have become acquainted with the cybercafe onsite at our beautiful resort.

I have never been to this part of the world.. as we landed in Cancun, I could see why people come to visit from all over the world.

2008.12.12 a landing

As you know each airline passenger is allowed two pieces of "baggage".  From the plane window, Teamster watched his second piece receive special treatment from the baggage handlers as it came out of the cargo area.

2008.12.12 ddp off

Immediately following check in we opened his "baggage" to make sure his precious cargo had survived the flights intact. (whew!!)

2008.12.12 drp2

Our resort is about an hour south of Cancun on the Mayan Riviera outside of the town, Playa Del Carmen.  We shuttled into town today to purchase supplies and walk around.

2008.12.12 pdc 01

 2008.12.12 plant

 2008.12.13 pdc bike

2008.12.13 pdc boat

2008.12.13 pdc ct

We had a late lunch a little place along the main shopping district watching tourists from just about everywhere. 

2008.12.13 pdc lunch

 2008.12.13 pdc vegifalls

Since Sunday is the the Lord's day of rest, we are gonna hang out by the pools and beach front....all day long.  (I never even do that at home!!) Tonight we are having dinner prepared by a visiting French chef.....

mas tardes.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicey!! C:)

Sandee said...

Looks delightful. Never been to Cancun. Enjoy every minute. Best regards to The Teamster. Glad his special cargo made it. When you need a Dr. Pepper, you need a Dr. Pepper!!!

Have a terrific time. Big hug to you both. :)

Travis Cody said...

Very nice! And that's quite the efficient use of the second bag.

Mimi Lenox said...

I laughed when I saw the Dr. Pepper. Cracked me up.
Have a wonderful time and please keep the pictures coming. What a gorgeous view from the plane.
Yay for you and Teamster!!

Mel said...

k.....
I am not envious.
I am NOT envious.
I AM NOT envious.

.....*sigh*

k....might be a tad bit...

Bananas and bicycles with three wheels.
Wait. LOL
k....you know what I mean, dangit....

And *whew* Thank GOODNESS they didn't damage the Diet Dr. Pepper!
(things coulda gotten REAL ugly REAL quick!)

Schmoop said...

Enjoy the Pepper. Great pics, Kat. Cheers!!

Linda said...

I hope that the Teamster waited a little while before opening any of those cans of Dr. Pepper!

Looks to be a lovely place and it sounds like you are having a great time just relaxing and enjoying.

Jeff B said...

Let's see . . . Four inches of snow yesterday. A high of 24º today with a wind chill making it feel like 11º, The roads are just sheets of ice. Hmmmm, Oh baby do I wish I was sipping a Dr Pepper with the two of you instead of being here!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Most excellent....

I love he brought his own Diet Dr. pepper...I hate when I can't get a Pepsi

Desert Songbird said...

So glad the special baggage arrived safely. *grin* Wouldn't want to do without.

desert rat said...

Oh, what fabulous photos! I've never been to Cancun, although I've been through the airport on my way to Cozumel. I love the Yucatan! The diving is wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful time! The Dr. Pepper made me Laugh! Hay perfecto!

Hasta miga!

Odat said...

Wow....just dreaming I was there too!!!
Have a great time!

Peace

I, Like The View said...

wow

I didn't know Cancun looked like that!

hope you're having a great time and enjoying your relaxing break and all that it offers you

The Teamster said...

GOOD NEWS TO ALL!!!!!! GOOD NEWS TO ALL!!!!!! (well, good news to me that is).....the Mega Market in downtown playa de carmen sells diet dr. pepper....My golf clubs get to go with me next time....

RW said...

Wow what a great time! :D

Jeff B said...

Merry Christmas Kat.

Mel said...

Sending wishes for a peaceful, love-filled holiday.

And prayers, of course--cuz we all can use those, eh?

Happy Christmas to you, Katherine..and to yours.

((((((((((( Katherine )))))))))))))

And in case you're still away come the New Years--lots of wishes for goodness and light and PEACE and LOVE.
Bunches and lotsa of the good stuff for you.
Cuz.

:-)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

just a girl... said...

that looks amazing, my package would have coke zero though