santa cruz wharf

07 September 2007

Photo Hunting ~ Music

Last year I kept company with a man who lived outside of Chicago. He got tired of checking his expensive guitar evertime he traveled…actually he was impatient having to wait for his guitar when he landed. So…he bought a lower end one to have out here. It has been in the garage for quite some time. I’d completely forgotten about the stupid thing.

Apparently I am one of those women who are attracted to musicians…as my current gentleman caller brings his guitar when he comes calling. The other day he chivalrously offered to take out the garbage.

What do you tell the guy from Salinas who finds the guitar left by the guy from Chicago?



12 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

"i wonder how that got there"????

smiles, bee

Linda said...

You tell him "Oh, I was always going to try to learn to play but I just never got around to it. Can you teach me?" as you bat your eyelashes and smile coyly!

Travis Cody said...

Interesting dilemma.

How about..."Oh that? A friend left it in my keeping and I'd completely forgotten it was there."

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

You tell him...OH DARN, you found the gift I was going to give you for the holidays so you didn't have to lug yours everywhere

Desert Songbird said...

Uh.....oops?

Andree said...

I like that gift explanation. Or the previous owners of the house left it behind? LOL

Mel said...

The truth?

Barb said...

"I kept it for the G-String."

Liz Hill said...

OKay--now I have Ray Stevens' "Guitar Man" playing in my head *giggling*

I vote for the truth--;-)

katherine. said...

well...I would have never lied about it....it just wasn't a conversation I was prepared for.

Although I REALLY like the G-string comeback...wish I had thought about it at the time...if nothing else it would have distracted him....laughing....

Schmoop said...

Dont "fret" about it!!

Odat said...

ask him to play it for you!!!

Peace