santa cruz wharf

10 September 2008

there's a place in france....

where if you stroll down this sandy path
pc1

you just may be able to spy little boats...

pc2

Some of you know I have been hanging out with my folks during my Mama's battle with cancer. I've had my mail forwarded and been negligent about picking it up. 

Amid the bills and junk advertisements I had the most wonderful surprise!

POSTCARDS FROM FRANCE !!  

Sent to me by the sweet singing siren "ILTV" while she was on "holiday" (that's vacation for those of you who don't speak european...)

The mostest special part was the artwork on the back:

pc4

pc3 

I am touched beyond words...truly my most favorite thing from france ever....(okay with the exception of that special kissing)...but these postcards were just for me...and when I go back to work I am going to tack them on my board.

Wait until I post the Picasso postcard which looks just like the place where I live...

Thank you so much *J* your kindness touches my heart!

And a deeply heartfelt thank you all weblog world friends for your messages and comments and emails looking after me. They make me smile and help me feel connected still.  I won't pretend we are having an easy time of it.  My energies are well spent and my mind is sometimes too heavy to write. However I am blessed beyond measure to be able to be here and take care of her.

11 comments:

Sandee said...

How lovely Katherine. I hope you are holding up okay. Tough stuff honey. I so remember. Big hug. :)

Linda said...

What a sweet, sweet friend you have!

Hang in there and just do the best you can, I'm sure this is one of the toughest periods of your life. It is so very, very hard to see someone you love going through this. I so remember it with my own father ...

Marilyn said...

Those are the neatest postcards ever.

It's good to hear from you. Take care of yourself.

Mel said...

(((( katherine ))))

:-)

Jeff B said...

Great to hear from you again. I'm sure you mom and dad are beyond happy that you've been able to be with them and help out.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

What a wonderful surprise Katherine...

Taking care of our parents is something we wish we never have to do, but know that will happen eventually...

I remember when mom had her battle and how difficult it was for all three of us kids..and they were 1,000 miles away

HUGS to you and Mom and dad

I, Like The View said...

hugs, Katherine, many of them

many of them

Desert Songbird said...

I'm there holding your hand, my friend. I know how tough it can be to see a beloved parent suffer.

I, Like The View said...

http://www.treeol.co.uk/handmadecard02sp.htm

katherine. said...

all: thank you for the responses.

There are so many different kinds of cancer...and so many different ways that our human bodies battle an attack.

My respect for heathcare professionals...and elder caregivers...grows deeper all the time. (NOT that my mama is elder...she's really not...and she may read this someday)

I am blessed to be given the strength and opportunity to be here.

Every now and then I need at attitude tweak...and the words and POSTCARDS from you all help me stay linear. My heart thanks you all.

I'm going to pick up my mail again later today!

Travis Cody said...

Glad to see you check in with us. I know all is not "well", but it's still good to hear from you.

Those postcards are wonderful.

Take care.