santa cruz wharf

15 October 2009

Oscar….have some popcorn

I came across a few things in my reader this morning…

Do you know what today is?

It is National Grouch Day.

sing along with Oscar here….

Oh, I love trash!
Anything dirty or dingy or dusty
Anything ragged or rotten or rusty
Yes….I love….trash

Then I kept reading and it turns out today is also National Latino Aids Awareness Day. 
NLAAD…got a website and everything.

Now I realize there are only 365 days in a year….well most years…and about 365 million causes and celebrations….plus you gotta save Christmas and Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Days as they were intended.  And yes…those of you above our northern boarder and across the pond…you got your own special calendar.

So, I did as I am wont to do and googled it all… turns out the 15th of October is also:

National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day
National White Cane Safety Day
Get To Know Your Customers Day…and
International Credit Union Day

In addition this WEEK is:
National School Lunch Week
National Chestnut Week
Emergency Nurses Week
World Rainforest Week
…to name a few….

not to mention that October is:
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
National Popcorn Popping Month
Sausage Month
Vegetarian Month
Wishbones for Pets Month
Raptor Month
Positive Attitude Month…and
National Sarcastic Awareness Month
(also a very partial list)

You can view one of the listings
here.

I figure there is a cause for celebration or a cause to fight for…for just about everyone today.  I’m going to pop corn and sing about trash….how about you?

11 comments:

Mel said...

Well hellllllloooo!!!??!!

Oh, I love trash!
Anything dirty or dingy or dusty
Anything ragged or rotten or rusty
Yes….I love….trash


Pass the popcorn, please.......

:-)

Dana said...

I actually read several amazing and touching posts today on National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day.

Desert Songbird said...

I love Oscar, and I remember buying that son on a 45 when I was a kid! (I'm dating myself, I know.)

Pass the popcorn, please?

Desert Songbird said...

Ugh! "Remember buying that SONG..."

I, Like The View said...

wonderful - I'll sing along with the Street gang. . .

and I'll bring some popcorn to the party!

(I knew October was breast cancer aware, but that was about it)

furniture in Toronto said...

Hi. Very informative post. I didn't know almost nothing about these days. Good to know that every day in the year is a special day for something. If we realize that we can find opportunity to celebrate every day. However, it sounds little bit crazy but it is great when we enjoy every day of our life in the maximal possible way.

Good luck,
Ella

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Popcorn and sausage?

love em both, but not together...

Positive attitude AND sarcastic awareness month I am ALLLLLLL confuzzled

Linda said...

National Sarcastic Awareness Month - seriously? Now I have to ask, though, is that FOR sarcasm or AGAINST it? I, personally, am all for sarcasm, especially when people are aware of that's what you were shooting for!

Travis Cody said...

If you've got a cause, we'll find a day to share it with other causes?

The Teamster said...

isn't this also "watch the dodgers" month?

couldn't be "watch the giants month" because they rarely play in october....

except when there is an earthquake...

and yes...i'm making myself laugh outloud..

Marilyn said...

Just think of all things there will be to celebrate tomorrow.